It only takes a few minutes to set up BetterDiscord. If you encounter a problem and can’t find the solution here, please submit a GitHub issue and we will try to solve it.
Now this process is a bit complicated, you have 2 options on how you want to download the installer.
- Option 1: Clone/Download Zip the makers entire Github Repo.
- Option 2: Download the files from the makers Github.
Now for the more complicated part of this installation.
- Launch terminal in the
Installers/Electronfolder and run
- Now in terminal run
./node_modules/.bin/electron ./srcand it will open the installer
- If the installer freezes during the installation, run
sudo chown yourname /usr/share/discord-canary/resources
utils.jsin the BetterDiscord installation directory
- After the installation finishes just click "Abort". It doesn't actually abort anything it's just a placeholder.
BetterDiscord and Discord updates are 2 things to keep in mind.
Every time there is a big Discord update BetterDiscord will get removed from Discord. How do you fix this? Just reinstall BetterDiscord and you will not loose anything!
- This is an example of a "big" update on discord. This will pop up upon launching Discord.